Thursday, January 15, 2009

System.Threading.Thread.Kill();

Perhaps my previous posts were a little hasty. The previous months have been interesting, to say the least. I still intend on maintaining this blog and talking about some projects I'd like to undertake (some in Python, others in .Net) but I feel that this would be a good place to sort out the state of my life.

Since my last post I have
  • finished writing a complete system tray application for the usb panic button
  • failed miserably at porting said app to vista (I'll blame this on vista not liking filter drivers and the pain of using usb devices on a virtual machine)
  • wrote up documentation for the 5+ projects I was working on
  • quit my job
  • started working for Apple
That's quite a leap from code wrangler, late night html updater, junior developer at a small IT Consulting company to working for some unimaginably large corporation. What is most interesting here is how this affects how I will approach blogging. Here's a sneak preview of what I'd like to do in the next month:

"Computers frustrate me. Specifically, the sheer amount of text that is around on any computer system, or that you are presented with when installing software, is enough to make my mind shut off and long for pictures of kittens. Let's see if we can do something about this. Wouldn't it be nice if you could wake up one day and all the text on your computer was gone?"

Unfortunately, I'm going to need to travel through .dll Hell and back to bring any of this to life. We'll see how that turned out next week.

No comments: